July 9, 2012
Bonavita splashed onto the coffee market this year by offering one of the only, if not the only electric gooseneck kettle in the US, at an incredibly affordable price. Mixing quality kettles with layman’s prices, Bonavita provides a way for coffee fanatics to indulge in their hobby without having to break the bank.
Following the same pattern, Bonavita offers a great automatic batch-brewer. I’ve had my Bonavita BV1800TH Coffee Maker for about a month now, and have been pleasantly surprised at the coffee it pumps out. Since my discovery of manual brewing, I’ve had a pretty negative view on automatic brewing. Various conversations with coffee pros coupled with this thermal brewer, have helped me understand that automatic brewing isn’t inherently bad—if the same care and precision is used as is in manual brewing, the coffee produced by an automatic machine can be great.
- Designed for precise water and coffee contact time
- High quality brushed stainless steel finish
- 1400 watt heating element maintains ideal brewing temperatures of 195-205 degrees
- Brews 8 cups (40 oz) in 5-6 minutes
- German thermal carafe (steel housing, glass liner)
- SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) certified
I’ve tried putting a Chemex underneath the showerhead, as well as a Hario V60, both with great results. Though I still enjoy brewing with a kettle, if you’re looking for an automatic machine for home or office use, I highly recommend the Bonavita.
Thanks to Todd and Tracy at Bonavita for being kind enough to send this along. Be sure to look for the new Variable Temperature Kettle in August.